Every day a new type of therapy pops up. If you Google available therapy in America, you will get a list of therapies as long as your grandson’s Christmas wish-list. Targeted therapies such as physical therapy, psychotherapy, and occupational therapy can be amazing assets in dealing with specific, targeted relief for different areas of your body.
But there may be one therapy you might not have heard of.
Instead of being a new therapy, hydrotherapy is an age-old, trusted-and-tried therapy. It doesn’t just impact one part of the body, but holistically works through warm water to bring relief, restoration, and rejuvenation to the entire human body. And, boy, is it outstanding.
From Roman and Turkish baths to hot mineral spas, the healing powers of warm water therapy are well established in other cultures. The people who utilize them have had extensive results. New studies coming out show all the amazing health benefits to so many different parts of the human body.
From ancient times to the age of technology, hydrotherapy has stood the test of time. But now, you don’t have to travel the world in search of the incredible results of water therapy. Instead, you can bring hydrotherapy right to your own backyard with a personal hot tub. With warm water therapy, including submersion up to the shoulders or neck, comes the increase in body temperature and blood flow. That increased circulation, in turn, creates more oxygen delivery to the prefrontal cortex and other areas of the brain. The study showed these wonderful results:
- Decrease in Fibromyalgia pain
- Improvement in cognitive function
- Development of higher pain tolerance
- Reduction in other pain symptoms
- More oxygen-rich blood being sent to the pre-frontal cortex
- Quicker brain and body reactions
- Increased and sustained mental ability
- Decreased inflammation
- Improved speech function
- Elevation of mood for several hours
- Decreased stress, agitation and anxiety
- Less mental health- and pain- management through prescriptions
Other benefits of hydrotherapy may include:
- Reduction of muscle spasms
- Strengthening of weak muscles
- Improvement of balance
- Increased flexibility of joint range of motion
- Recovery after athletic activity
- Decrease in Rheumatoid Arthritis pain
- Improvement in pain for Osteoarthritis
- Release of toxins from the body
- Easing you into a good night’s sleep
Sometimes modern medicine can tend to move away from ancient wisdom. We are so glad this has not been the case with hydrotherapy. A quality hot tub, such as a Jacuzzi or Caldera spa from Fronheiser, brings hydrotherapy directly to you, in the privacy of your own home. At any time of the day or night, your personal hydrotherapy spa can be ready and waiting to help bring you the relief, rest and rejuvenation that your body needs.
Are YOU ready to feel better? Experience the hydrotherapy difference for yourself. Come in to one of our two convenient locations in Bally or Sinking Spring to see what spa options fit your needs best. Fronheiser is the premier dealer of the large lines of Jacuzzi and Caldera spas. With financing available, we will help get you on your way to feeling your best. Come see us today!