Getting a good night’s sleep can make a huge difference in your quality of life. We’re not just talking about the occasional solid night of sleep – though that’s great when that happens. We’re talking about sleeping well, regularly.
Does that sound like an impossible … dream?
It doesn’t have to be. Follow these 6 healthy sleep tips, and you’ll be well on your way to resting well…always.
- Set a sleep schedule. Do you stay up late on Friday and Saturday night, then sleep in on Saturday and Sunday mornings? And then flip back to your “weekday” schedule come Monday? Stop that. Regulate your body’s clock by setting a regular schedule and sticking to it, no matter the day of the week.
- Create a relaxing bedtime ritual. Something that helps separate your mind and your body from the stresses of the day and prepare for ultimate slumber. A hot tub is the perfect bedtime ritual. Not only is it a stress-reliever, but a 20-minute soak an hour before bed can actually help induce sleepiness.
- Skip the naps. I mean, who has time, anyway? But if you’re one of the lucky ones who does, stop napping and save the Zzzz’s for nighttime.
- Exercise. You know you need to be doing this anyway, but if you need another reason, it helps you sleep better!
- Check your room. Make sure the room you retire in is set up to help you sleep. Is it dark? Is it cool? (The ideal temp is between 60 – 67 degrees.) Is it quiet? Look into room-darkening shades, turn down the thermostat, and consider ear plugs, a fan or a white noise machine.
- Invest in a comfortable bed. Your mattress and pillows should be comfortable and supportive. Did you know the life expectancy of a mattress is about 10 years? It could be time for a new one.
Are you ready to invest in a good night’s sleep? Contact us to learn how we can help you find the perfect hot tub that will put you on the train to dream town, today.